Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Give High School Dropouts a Second Chance




On opening days of school year, students seem to be glad and excited with their schedules and eager for learning. But by the middle of the year, the signs of joy turn into despair and boredom. Hence, they begin to ask many questions: Why do we have to go to school every day? Why all days are the same? Why do we have to attend same classes each day? And so on; which lead them to boredom and so they resort to improper activities and finally to drop out. Others, who remain in school, begin to go through behavior change; they take days off, they become irresponsible, neglecting their homework assignments, initiate trouble and last but not least, offend the instructor in the classroom. The relish for all of this behavioral change is because school no longer becomes a pleasant place.

Truly I was bored of the same classes and I was not the only student who was bored of her daily schedule. But I felt guilty of having these feelings and so I decided to find out why. I asked my friends, I asked other students, and I finally asked myself why everybody was bored of the same daily schedules. I believe new schedules is the key to most students who are really bored of their classes, and I am stating these facts since I am also one of the students, and I along with the rest look forward to become better students.  

When speaking to my friends and other students, most of them agree that if school had provided mix schedule during the week and variety of hands on activities in classes, we would interact and have more fun during classes. By implementing different classes with hands on activities related to the topics learning in class, I believe that the absences, skipping, and other negative things of the students will be decreased. There is a possibility to see higher grades and more energy from the students. I am absolutely positive that the teachers will see a big increase in the students’ activity and a huge change in the responsibility, character, service, and personality of the students. With this new offering of course schedules, it would be the key to opening new doors of happiness for the entire student body and our nation.

1 comment:

  1. I know so many Drop outs so I definately agree. let them be given a second chance.

    ReplyDelete